Why be a regular blondie when you can be a unicorn blondie? These gluten-free and low lactose cake batter blondies, inspired by Veggie Balance, make a perfect treat.
I couldn’t find affordable almond flour here, but Albert Heijn has a whole range of gluten free baking products available so I made these with their gluten free flour instead.
I turned them into unicorn blondies because unicorns are the bomb and Oetker here has a really cute unicorn sprinkle mix out that I needed an excuse to cheer myself up with.
These went down very well with my stomach, my manperson and one of my friends who I pawned some off on cause she needed unicorn blondies in her life (and I needed a few out of mine).
Unicorn Cake Batter Blondies
- 1/2 c butter or dairy-free butter
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 mini marshmallows
- 1/4 sprinkles+extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 22x33 cm baking tray with baking powder. Making sure both the bottom and sides are covered.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugars with a mixer until the sugar is incorporated into the butter. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Now add in the baking powder, salt and half a cup of the flour. And then slowly mix in the remainder of the flour.
- Fold in the chocolate, marshmallows and sprinkles. I like to chop my own chocolate chips because I think store bought are gross. You can also use white chocolate or milk instead of the marshmallows.
- Spread the dough evenly into the pan. Adding more sprinkles on top for decoration. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust has turned a golden to dark brown. There will still be a slight waddle to the dough, but this is why it's a blondie and not a cake.
- Leave to cool completely before removing it from the pan and slicing it into squares. Keep in an airtight container if there are any left.